SPRINGFRESH SHOWER FILTER
…Protects your family from harmful effects of chlorine
Chlorine causes: *dry skin *dry hair *skin rash *allergic reactions *asthama *fatigue*high blood pressure *heart disease *cancers
Chlorine is used almost universally in the treatment of public drinking water because of its toxic effect on harmful bacteria and other waterborne, disease-causing organisms such as cholera, typhoid and other pathogenic bacteria. However, even after the chorine has done its job some residual chlorine remains in your drinking water and your shower or bath water.
Chlorine can react with organic matter in the water and form dangerous, carcinogenic Trihalomethanes. These effects of chlorine may result from either ingestion or absorption through skin. Scientific studies have linked chlorine and chlorination by-products to –
- Cancer of the bladder, liver, rectum, and colon
- Heart disease, atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries)
- High blood pressure
- Allergic reactions like skin rashes
- Causes fatigue
CHLORINE IN SHOWER WATER
Your body can absorb 500% to 1,000% more chlorine in a single twelve –minute shower than drinking the same tap water for a 24 hour period. Chlorine in your shower water makes your
- Hair dry and brittle,
- Makes your skin flaky and itchy,
- Triggers negative reactions in children, the elderly, and people with chlorine- sensitivity,
- Causes allergies, skin rashes, emphysema and asthma.
- Bronchitis, eczema and many other common ailments are very negatively affected by inhalation and absorption of chlorine and other chemicals while showering
Since chlorine is required by public health regulations to be present in all public drinking water supplies, it is Up to the individual to remove it at the point-of-use in the home.
SPRINGFRESH SHOWER FILTER
As chlorinated water flows through the filter cartridge, the SPRINGFRESH Shower filter, creates a electrolytic reaction which causes the two chlorine ions to form a harmless chloride. The Shower filter changes chlorine from an element to a harmless compound, which flushes out of the filter. Apart from Chlorine the filter effectively removes / reduces iron, hydrogen sulphide, heavy metals and control micro-organisms without the use of chemicals. The filter has a life of 30,000 litres approx but we recommend that it should be changed in 6 months.
- Using a shower filter is one of the easiest and most effective ways to reduce harmful exposure to chlorine and other chemicals.
- Showering in filtered water results in greater respiratory health by reducing the risk of asthma and bronchitis from chlorine inhalation.
- Showering in chlorine-free, filtered water decreases the risks of bladder and breast cancer.
- Children, who are particularly at risk of the harmful effects of chlorine inhalation, benefit especially from the removal of chlorine from showering water.
- As chlorine is a leading cause of fatigue, showering in filtered, chlorine-free water results in higher energy levels and overall greater health.
- Removing chlorine from showering water results in better air quality throughout the house.
- Without the drying effects of chlorine, skin becomes softer, healthier, and younger looking.
- Removing chlorine from showering water reduces the presence of skin rashes and the appearance of wrinkles.
- Because the hair is able to preserve its natural moisturizing oils, hair becomes softer and healthier when chlorine is removed from showering water.
- When the body is able to retain its natural moisturizers, the need for costly lotions and moisturizers is greatly reduced.
INSTALLATION IN 5 EASY STEPS:
1. Turn off the source, remove your existing shower head from the water supply pipe.
2. Wrap some teflon tape round the threaded part of the supply pipe.
3. Attach the shower filter body to the water supply pipe and turn clockwise to tighten until the filter system retains a firm position.
4. Wrap some teflon tape on the threaded end of the shower filter.
5. Attach the shower head to the threaded end of the shower filter and turn clockwise till the shower head retains a firm position.
*This product does not include delivery pipe and shower head.
Manufactured in India by:
Spring Fresh Water Treatments Ltd.
606 Apartments, 56 Nehru Place, New Delhi 110 019
Phones: 011-26419319, 26284130, 41306111-2-3